Kalinoski Law Offices P.C.
A Criminal Defense, Family Law and Injury Law Firm in Scranton
Free Initial Consultations 570-906-8173
Areas & Topics

Can a child support order be changed?

For parents who are struggling with child support matters, life can be complicated in many different ways. For example, a custodial parent may have a hard time paying for every day expenses, school supplies, medical needs and other costs when they aren't receiving child support. Alternatively, some parents are unable to pay child support, which may lead to jail time and other penalties. In Scranton, and throughout the state of Pennsylvania, parents who have encountered problems related to child support should do everything in their ability to resolve the situation as soon as they possibly can.

According to the Administration for Children and Families, parents can request to have a child support order changed under certain circumstances. For example, if a parent is having difficulty paying child support because they lost their job or were sent to prison, they can request to have their child support order reviewed. Additionally, parents may request to have child support orders reviewed if they have not been reviewed in the past three years. If you are a parent who owes child support and recently experienced a notable change in your living circumstances or income, reporting these changes promptly is critical. While child support orders are not always changed following a request, it is vital for parents to inform their local child support office of any noteworthy financial changes to ensure that their child support order is adjusted properly.

This piece was written to provide helpful information regarding child support modification and is not to be taken as legal advice.

No Comments

Leave a comment
Comment Information

Contact Us

Kalinoski Law Offices P.C.
108 North Washington Ave, Suite 604
Scranton, PA 18503

Phone: 570-906-8173
Scranton Law Office Map