Help With Child Support And Custody Modifications

When parents divorce or split up, there are numerous factors that must be taken into consideration when deciding the terms of a child custody, visitation and child support. As a child grows, their needs are likely to change as may your or your ex's circumstances. It may be necessary to amend an existing custody or support court order.

At Kalinoski Law Offices P.C., in Scranton, Pennsylvania, our attorneys will represent you and your child's best interests and petition the court to modify an order to better suit your life and current situation.

Common reasons that a parent may seek modifications to a child support or child custody agreement include:

  • The need to move further away due to a new job or remarriage
  • Extended unemployment or a significant increase or decrease in income
  • Extended illness or injury
  • Conditions such as alcohol or drug abuse that create a dangerous environment for children
  • A change in the child's educational or medical needs

Support Modification Attorney Serving Wilkes-Barre

A change in custody is just as important to the life of the child as the original court order, so all parties are afforded the same type of hearing as they received when the case was originally heard. In custody and visitation matters, the court will consider what is in the best interests of the child.

When seeking to modify the terms of a family law court order, it is very important to follow proper legal procedure. Failing to abide by an existing custody or support order can result in your parental rights being limited and legal action being taken against you. To discuss your specific case with an attorney, call our Scranton law office at 570-906-8173 or contact us online.